Cycle Saturday

April 30, 2011 at 7:11 pm

I was exhausted last night since I had been up since 4:30 a.m. It was so nice to get to sleep in a bit this morning. Also, it was nice to have time to make oatmeal.


In the bowl: steel cut oats made with almond milk, blueberries, strawberries, banana, toasted pecans, coconut. On the side: cheese and chive eggbeaters scrambled with mushrooms and green onions. Two cups of coffee each with one packet of Splenda with fiber and a dollop of skim milk. I actually made a third cup to go, which I planned to drink in the car on the way to the gym, but I left it on the counter Sad smile .

At the gym I did 45 minutes on the elliptical first.


Then Bodyflow.


While I was at the gym Chad was taking the boys to their school’s spring carnival.

Chad didn’t get very many pictures of Cal because he disappeared with his posse pretty quickly.



He got at least one good one of Mack:


Plus a few action shots:



They were having a good time.

So was I. After the gym I went to look at more bicycles. This time I checked out Northeast Cycles, also on 4th Street.


Still looking at hybrids, first I rode a Bianchi Cortina.



While I was photographing it this random guy was walking by and he asked me if I wanted him to be in the picture. I told him, “Sure, but you’ll be on my blog.” He said, “Alright!”


Next I rode a Diamondback Clarity 1.



This was my favorite of the four I have ridden so far. I was just sporty and smooth and felt really comfortable. Still no decision yet, though. But I am VERY excited to get a bike. I want to ride it everywhere!

Since I felt like I found something I really liked I decided to quit shopping for today. There is a third bike store on 4th Street (!), but I kind of feel like the Diamondback is what I want, so I quit. I may change my mind and shop more.

Anyway, I decided to stop by the boys school to see if they were still at the carnival. They were.


Chad and I just sat off to the side in the shade and watched the carnival happening. I was hiding so no one would ask me to man a bo0th or anything. I am feeling a tinge of guilt for not volunteering at the carnival, but then I remember that I volunteered in both boys’ classes on Thursday and spent 5 1/2 hours on a bus volunteering for gifted yesterday and the guilt dissipates.

I came home from the carnival STARVING, as it was almost 2:00 p.m. and I hadn’t had lunch yet. I made a quick salad by tossing CSA lettuces and arugula with a little lite ranch and then dumping the leftover stir-fry from last night’s dinner on top of it.


It may look gross, but it tasted awesome. I think ranch and teriyaki go together just fine. Actually, everything goes with ranch. And I just love dumping things on top of lettuce.

After eating I spent all afternoon cleaning. Confused smile Hard to believe, I know, but this is crunch time. The Derby party is in T-minus one week and counting. Today I deep cleaned the kitchen and the dining room. I even washed the kitchen rugs, but that was mainly because I accidentally spilled half a bottle of vinegar on one of them. Oops.

Chad grilled marinated chicken for dinner, so I think I’ll just make a grilled chicken and fresh spinach sandwich. I don’t feel like cooking any veggies and I can’t face another salad today. A sandwich will be perfect.

Hope you are having a great weekend so far!