IRunMommies Saturday

July 10, 2011 at 5:09 pm

[Saturday, July 2, 2011]

Before noon today I:

  • ran 6 miles
  • biked 6 miles
  • ellipticalized for 20 minutes
  • bodyflowed

Ahhh, I love Saturdays. Even ones that begin at 5:10 a.m., which is when I got up so I could drink a cup of coffee and eat a Larabar (and go potty) before meeting with the IRunMommies group at Vinoy Park at 6:00 a.m.


I haven’t been able to sleep in lately anyway (I just wake up and can’t go back to sleep), so it really wasn’t that hard for me to get up at 5:10.

I met the other IRunMommies at Vinoy Park and we set off on the same route that we did Tuesday night.

The pier

There were lots of fishermen (fisherpeople?) on the pier early this morning, thus there were also lots of birds.

Behind the egret: Demen’s Landing and the Albert Whitted Airport control tower

The pack was already pulling away from me by the time we rounded the pier. There were a few runners still behind me, also.

Downtown St. Pete

I listened to Fat2FitRadio podcasts while I ran this morning.

The bridge to Demen’s Landing

The Municipal Marina

The Albert Whitted playground

Sunrise over Tampa Bay

Today I took more lo0ps into the airport playground parking lot and did the pier loop twice. So although it was basically the same route as on Tuesday, I stretched it out from four miles to six miles today.

The Vinoy Marina

It was really a nice run. I had intended to do at least five miles, but I felt so good that about half way through I decided I could do six. It wasn’t easy, of course, but I didn’t feel like I was going to die either. It wasn’t too hot this morning and I just felt strong.


That’s not to say that I was fast. The stats are on my “Still Running” page. But I was very happy with this run and it set me up for a great day.

When I got home it was time for breakfast #2 (or my REAL breakfast).


The Saturday morning special: steel cut oats made with almond milk, strawberries, pineapple, toasted pecans and coconut; cheese & chive eggbeaters scrambled with mushrooms, sweet red peppers and scallions plus Frank’s hot sauce; coffee #2 and #3.

I really needed to refuel after my run, plus fuel up for my next plans.

Biking to the gym:


I have perfected my route to the gym now. I no longer go to the huge stoplight intersection at 4th Street and 62nd Avenue. Now I take one of the side streets which puts me out right across 4th Street from the gym. I have to cross 4th Street with no light, but it is still much less stressful than dealing with that intersection.


Just to kill time before bodyflow I did 20 minutes on the elliptical.


Bodyflow was really crowded today.


But man…after running 6 miles this morning, bodyflow felt AMAZING. Like really really amazing. I have guest passes…who wants to do bodyflow with me? It is so great.

Then I biked home, thus ending the (wonderfully awesome) excessercise portion of the day.

After a restorative shower I made a killer lunch.


It was a huge salad with leftover steamed broccoli and BBQ pulled pork dumped on top. That barbecue was so good on my salad. Mmmmm.

This morning Chad and the boys went to see Transformers at the movies then went to Wal-Mart to buy sparklers and fireworks for Monday. After my lunch I drove to the Sprint store to meet up with them so Chad and I could look at some new phones. We have had our Palm Pre’s for two years and it’s time to replace them. Mine in particular has several problems (slightly cracked top, speaker is wonky and sometimes doesn’t work without earbuds plugged in, power button is broken and has to be pressed REALLY hard to turn it on/off). We looked at the HTC Evo 3D, the Samsung Epic and the HTC Evo Shift. We’re still thinking about what we want, but it was good to see them in person and touch them after reading online reviews.

I have loved my Palm Pre. I know there was lots of criticism of it by many users, but I really loved mine. It was small and sleek and could run several applications at once. It did everything I wanted it to do (okay, that’s not entirely true…I wish it had a better native music app). Oh well. Time to move on.

The rest of the afternoon has been laundry, a bit of cleaning, talking to my Mom on the phone and basking in the glow of post-exercise endorphins. We didn’t have any exciting plans today, but it has felt like a good day to me. I did eat a second lunch of leftover rice/cabbage mix/bbq pulled pork. I didn’t take a picture, but it pretty much looked like this:


I think all the exercise listed at the beginning of this post entitles me to two breakfasts and two lunches. Let’s just call lunch #2 “snack”, okay? Well, there may also have been some snacks later. Whatever.

Chad made tilapia for dinner. After the boys went to bed we watched Machete on Netflix DVD. I fell asleep about half-way through it (I’ve been up since 5 a.m., remember?), and Chad rated it a one-star on the Netflix site. So, definitely not a recommended flick. Now I shall zonk.